Therapies: I provide Psychotherapeutic counselling to Adults, children, young adults and families, in long-term face-to-face, short-term face-to-face and time-limited face-to-face terms. I work with a range of different approaches and models to be able to help you and address different problems/ Issues. I deliver professional, confidential therapies where you will be understood and not judged.
DoyTerapia yasesoramiento para:
- TOC – Transtorno Obsesivo -Compulsivo
- Estrés / Ansiedades
- Ataques de Panico, Fobias
- Insomnios – Problemas en dormir
- Agresión / falta de control y comportamientos violentos
- Relaciones – Infidelidades, Divorcios/separaciones, co-dependencias
- Traumas – abusos físicos, psicológicos, emocionales, sexuales, accidentes, exploraciones
- Disturbios alimenticios – Anorexia, Bulimia, Obesidad.
- Problemas de Emigración, Culturales, Sociales, Concejos prácticos – completar formularios
- Dejar de Fumar
- Perder Peso
- E más ….
Por favor contacte conmigo si quiere y necesita obtener más informaciones sobre terapia para otro tipo de problemas que no han sido mencionados en la lista arriba, gracias.
What is the difference between Psychotherapy and Counselling?
The roots of Psychotherapy lie in the medical and psychiatric professions and have filtered down – a top down approach, whereas Counselling developed as a movement and the ideas have grown upwards a more bottom-up approach. Psychotherapy is for deeper-seated problems, generally lasts for a longer period of time than Counselling.
Focuses on you and you gaining insight into the difficulties you face. It explores and clarifies your thoughts, feelings and relevant moments in your life. It helps for example with Depression, OCD, deep rooted Anxieties, Eating disorders, sleep problems, etc. Psychotherapy intends to help you change and discover appropriate ways for you to have a better quality, satisfying and fulfilling life and for you to learn how you can best cope and manage life challenges.
Enables you to safely explore and have support around a crises situation, relationship difficulty, emotional or an adverse life event. It helps to promote your resources and for you to learn how you can enhance your self-development. Counselling centres on listening to you and supporting you so you are enabled to understand past and present forms of behaviour and attitudes, cope better and heal past traumas so you can live a life that works for you. The aim of counselling is to help you to talk about what really bothers you and together we discover a solution and a better outcome for you.
Is based on a philosophical method for understanding human difficulties. It focuses on the way in which we struggle with the human condition and in particular with our inevitable limitations, difficulties, conflicts and dilemmas. This type of therapy is highly suitable for people who are in crisis or who want to reconsider the meaning of life for some other reason.
Humanistic approach focuses on appreciating and supporting you. It facilitates your openness about the worries you encounter. This type of therapy seeks to help / facilitate and empower you to discover your own solutions to your problems takes into account your unique development. It aims to help you recognise your freedom.
Selects therapeutic approaches to suit your needs and the issues you experience. It explores your subjective experiences and options. The aim of this type of therapy is to help you develop your self-awareness. Underlying all this, the goal we have in common is to find a positive way forward to a new ‘arrival point’ in life, where you feel freed from emotional constrains and can begin to explore your full potential.
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
is a Psychological approach based on scientific principles which research has shown to be effective for a wide range of problems. CBT is often used in short-bursts, as typically anything between 6 to 10 sessions (though it depends on the individual and circumstances). This therapy focuses on specific goals and behaviour change and provides practical strategies for coping with the issues that you are facing and it teaches you ways of overcoming the problems you are facing with the aim to break the negative cycles.
As Humans we are often “not Present” in our lives. We often fail to notice the good things about our lives, fail to hear what our bodies are telling us, or poison ourselves with toxic self-criticism. Mindfulness is a way of helping you of pay attention to, and see clearly whatever is happening in your life. It will not eliminate life’s pressures, but it can help us to respond to them in a calmer manner and so less reactive and automatic but you have more control that benefits your heart, mind and body. It helps us recognise and step away from habitual, often unconscious emotional and physiological reactions to everyday events. It provides us with a scientifical research approach of cultivating clarity, insight, and understanding. Practicing mindfulness allows us to be fully present in our life and work, and improve our health and well-being.
Is a therapy centred on the spiritual aspects of Human life. It provides and utilizes Psychological methods to explore, understand, examine and for you to make sense of your spiritual experiences. These experiences include spirituality, transcendence, altered states of consciousness – addictions, NDE – Near death experiences, out of body – disembodied experiences, etc. Transpersonal Psychology addresses the full spectrum of human psycho-spiritual development, from our deepest wounds and needs, to the existential crisis of human being to the most transcendent capacities of our consciousness.
It works by helping you to really relax and inducing you towards a subconscious state, that means you are not fully alert but you also are not unconscious or asleep; you will be somewhere in the middle of those states. Here the work is by helping you to change the way you think and feel about something that really bothers you and hinders your health and quality of life, such as for example help you to change how you think and feel about food and changing your eating habits and exercise habits permanently. Or to help you to quit smoking, phobias, manage acute and constant pain, manage stress, be motivated, confident, etc.
This approach is very different from psychotherapy and counselling. The process is to address specific personal projects, business successes, general conditions and transitions in your personal life, relationships or profession by examining what is going on right now, discovering what your obstacles or challenges might be, and choosing a course of action to make your life be what you want it to be. The aim is to help and empower you to make, meet and exceed personal and professional goals – including excelling in the workplace, becoming happy and fulfilled in the home, exploring the self and the world, and achieving ambitions.
What I can help with:
- Addiction(s)- substance misuse, alcohol, drug addiction, sex addiction, gambling, porn addiction; sustain , after care and develop yourself in recovery.
- OCD- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder – panic, phobias and fears.
- Mood Disorders – Depression, Bipolar disorder.
- Personality Disorders – Schizoid, Antisocial, Borderline, Histrionic, Narcissistic, Avoidant, Obsessive-Compulsive.
- GAD – General Anxiety Disorder – Anxieties management, burnout, fatigue, panic attacks, exhaustion, life style changes, worries, and stress related issues.
- SAD- Social Anxiety Disorder – low confidence, Isolation, low self-esteem, panic attacks.
- Phobias / Panic attacks
- Anger Management – Uncontrollable out bursts of anger, repressed anger, passive/aggressive pattern of behaviour targets and perpetrators of domestic violence and conflict resolution skills.
- Insomnia/ sleep problems
- Stress Management – Health – well-being
- Bereavement for children and adults.
- Bullying – School, college, workplace, higher education, learn how to relate with psychopaths.
- Relationship Issues – commitment issues, infidelity, uncertainty and trust issues.
- Trauma – Psychological, physical, emotional and sexual abuse, domestic violence, victims of war, accidents.
- Eating Disorders – Body dysmorphia, anorexia, bulimia, obesity and binge eating.
- Death Anxiety/ Bereavement/ Loss/ Life crisis
- Cultural Issues – Racially abusive behaviour experience/ Immigration stress/ Practical advice.
- General Counselling – Self-development, work issues, building personal resilience.
- Spiritual development, self-awareness, higher levels of consciousness.
Please note, the above list is not exhaustive and clients may self-refer with a number of different unique experiences and emotions, including physical symptoms, which may not be listed on this page, such as tightness in the chest, a knot in the stomach, back pain, migraines etc. For more information please call/txt me on 07786516475 or email me firstname.lastname@example.org
Confidentiality – The sessions are strictly confidential and no electronic records of personal data are kept.
How I deliver therapy – I provide therapy for Adults, children, young people and families; face-to-face for long-term sessions, short-term sessions (4 -8) time-limited and telephone counselling. The appointments are made Monday to Friday from 10 am – 9pm and Saturdays from 10 am to 5 pm of 50 minutes. Hypnotherapy 1 hour.
Privacy – Please note, that all correspondence and sessions are held in the strictest confidence and discretion is assured and expected.
Languages – I provide therapies in English, Portuguese and Spanish.
- I welcome trainee counsellors and psychology students at a reduced rate.
First Session – Our initial encounter assessment would be for half an hour. We may take the opportunity to explore the current or unresolved past challenges for which you are seeking therapy for. I will discuss confidentiality and address any questions you may have. We can see how well we work together on this warm and non-judgemental space, where you can talk freely and then both decide if we will carry out therapy.
This initial session is free of charge.
- If you would like to work in a particular specific approach/ model please let me know on our first session and I am keen on doing so – Whatever works for you!